About Me

My name is Sarah Jones and I am a Spanish speaking sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Minnesota Minneapolis Mission. This blog is where my letters will be posted. Stay tuned to hear all about my adventures in MN!

Sunday, December 22, 2013

stayin in st peter, Dec 2013

Transfers were today.............. and I'm staying here! I already knew I would, since hna W is going home and the area is doing really well, President wouldn't whitewash the area so I'll be here for at least another 7 weeks! My new companera se llama Hermana M! I will meet her on Wednesday. From what people have told me, this is her last transfer, so I will be killing off another missionary haha. I'm a little nervous to lead the area, but it will all be fine. I'm not a psychic or anything....but I will probably be here for a long time. If hna m is going home, they probably wouldn't transfer me.....so who knows.....and a lot of Spanish sisters are leaving soon so there will be new ones to train...I could be training next transfer! Ah! I also hit my 4 month mark this week...where did the time go?! I am super glad to stay in St. peter though! I love this little place!

So sis W is going home Wednesday.....I am sad! She's awesome. I have been taking pictures of her all day because I don't have that many of her haha. Tomorrow we go to Bloomington and I send her off! She will go to the temple with pres and his wife and then have a testimony meeting and stuff like that. I will go with the Bloomington Spanish Sisters for the day, which I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for because that means I get to be with Hna P! She is from Mexico DF.. St. peter was her first area and she finished training right when I got here. She is just the best ever, I'm excited to chill with her all day!!!!!!! Anyways, then on Wednesday I will get my new comp y regresaremos a San peter.

This week in reunion de distrito we watched an old seminary clip about Christmas time.....and it was about being home for Christmas. Hna W wants to be on her mission for Christmas, but the video was so funny because it was about this guy and he hadn't seen his family for a very long time and was like "I'm going home" and idk it was just so funny because hna W was not very happy with him!

B se va a bautizar el sabado! woooo! So something cool that happened. We assigned him 3 nefi 18 to read one time, and he read the whole chapter  and beyond. so in 3 nefi 19 there is a verse about how white jesus's robe is, but anyways B was electrocuted once and this is how he always says it "I've seen that bright light, I've seen the angels" (we've heard him tell the story probably 25 times, no joke so I have it memorized) and so he loved that verse because he says he has experienced that , and because of that he has the strongest testimony of the book of Mormon and it has made all the difference! He has faced so much opposition from family and friends and it is awesome to see how strong he is!

We taught some more Guatemalans this week! P and J....at least I think his name is J....last night we were counting all the js we know and there are like 15 haha.....anyways they liked the restauracion and we are going back this week. P prayed at the end and it was kind of a creepy prayer and reallllly long, my knees were killing me haha but I think he said part of it in Guatemalteco (their dialect) and was whispering it so I couldn't tell.

hno c's mom and sister are here from mexico! His sister is going to live here with him and his mom is staying for 6 months....so yeah they are going to be baptized haha. They are super awesome! They brought us each a t shirt, shot glass, and some good old Mexican meds to help us with our coughs. The medicine just says to ask your doctor how to use it.....so we haven't tried it yet. oh and they gave us pesos to use for the next time we go to mexico! But anyways, his sister has read the WHOLE libro de Mormon and been to church several times..........so I just wonder why she isn't baptized yet haha and the mom has been several times. It's funny because hno c had NO idea about any of that haha.

We got fed so much this week. One of the ward members owns a bbq restaurant and smoked some turkey for the ward party.......oh my gosh it was soooo good. The ward party was so awesome!

That's basically the week. espero que tengan un buen dia!

Hermana jones

No comments:

Post a Comment