About Me

My name is Sarah Jones and I am a Spanish speaking sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Minnesota Minneapolis Mission. This blog is where my letters will be posted. Stay tuned to hear all about my adventures in MN!

Sunday, December 22, 2013

"if I won the lottery, I would build you mormons a new church", Nov 2013

So I will explain the quote. We were teaching this guy B, he has 76 years. Anways we were teaching him and right at the beginning he said "I told the man up stairs in my prayer this morning that if I won the lottery, I would build you mormons a new church" haha he's the best.

well this week was a pretty basic week. There were a lot of good things that happened, .like a less active from El Salvador who hasn't been to church since he moved to the us came with his non member wife and daughter!! WOO!! We are going to do fhe with them tonight. 

so C is our investigator from china and SHE IS THE BEST!!!! The last time we taught her I wanted to change missions and go to china for a minute haha. She goes to Gustavus and we met her there to teach her. She bought us all this yogurt and these cookies from the cafeteria even though we had just eaten dinner. So she was a referral from the sisters in dinky town, but even though we hadn't even met her she like ran over to us right when she saw us and started hugging us and holding our hands and stuff, she is SO CUTE!!!!

two of our investigators with baptisimal dates had major setbacks this week, but its ok! We will keep working through it. One of them is doing super great though, we just hope he doesn't work during his baptism! It should be not this saturday but next, I am so excited! 

We had a mission conference this week in Lakeville, and Elder G from the 70 talked to us. It was awesome! He had so much energy and made everything so exciting, and I want to be able to do that. Sometimes I feel like I am so solemn when I teach because I am trying to speak the language right and teach the doctrine right, but I need to be more excited and full of energy so people don't care about how i am speaking the language, but what I am saying. 

We taught a lot of people from Guatemala this week, and it made me want to go back SO BAD!! There is even an elder here from guatemala, and I talked to him about going to rio dulce and he said that is where his family goes on vacation all the time. It made me super nostalgic. I love teaching people from guate because then I have something to talk to them about besides the gospel haha

well that's basically it!!! cuidense

hermana jones

No comments:

Post a Comment