About Me

My name is Sarah Jones and I am a Spanish speaking sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Minnesota Minneapolis Mission. This blog is where my letters will be posted. Stay tuned to hear all about my adventures in MN!

Sunday, December 22, 2013

sorpresa, Dec 2013

bueno.....this week has been weird because of Thanksgiving. But great!!!
 
We went to Sister C for thanksgiving and it was delicious. She had everything I love......rolls and stuffing. And other stuff but I chowed down on those. Oh and apple pie!!!! But my favorite pie was a berry pie. It had raspberries that she picked in Wisconsin, and they had quite the story behind them.... she got chased by a bear while she was picking them!!!!!! so it was more like BEARY pie haha.  There were some widows from the ward that came and also some of their family, so there were a lot of people. It was really awesome. They even invited our recent convert E!

We haven't been doing a lot of finding lately because we have been really busy, but this week we were able to do a lot and we found a  lot more people to teach! 2 of the 3 speak Spanish (and we didn't even find them in a trailer park....crazy) so it's pretty exciting
 
So we were teaching this guy named G, and he was SO funny and we even got him to come to church one time, but after that we couldn't get a hold of him for a while, and we finally did and he told us to come back next summer. We kind of thought he was kidding but then we asked him again but he was really serious :( he has been really busy at his work so apparently he doesn't have time for us. We wanted to say to him "You don't have time for God?!" so if by some miracle I am still in St. Peter next summer, he is going to be baptized!!!!!!!!!!!
 
This area has tons of Guatemalans!!!! But it's so hard to communicate with them because Spanish is their second language. But I love talking to them because we automatically have something in common....we both love Guatemala! Sister W said this is the only area of her mission where she has worked with Guatemalans so I better take advangtage while I can. We met one the other night in the Laundromat, and his name is D (which means sunday) ! Such a cute name!
 
so this is the sorpresa I want to talk about.....B, the old guy who we had to postpone the baptism for, still wants to get baptized! He told his wife (catholic and doesn't want anything to do with the church) about tithing, and they are really tight on money and so she told him if he started to pay tithing she would kick him out of the house. So without her support, he decided to postpone the baptism for a while. So we were still teaching him about once a week, just not pushing to be baptized until we could have his wife's support. Well the other night he called us and asked what time his baptism was this coming Saturday......so he still thought he was getting baptized...haha so we had to tell him we still need to teach him a lot more but he is back at it! Woo!
 
But then we had a set back with J. So we scheduled his baptisimal interview and it has to be between 7 and 10 days before the baptism, and we had it all figured out but then he decided to go to Iowa like an hour before his interview without telling us! So he will have to wait another week to have his interview and another week to be baptized. Hopefully Hermana W is here to see him get baptized and that there are no more setbacks. She goes home in just 2 more weeks! It's so weird to start my mission with someone ending theirs.
 
We found this guy a while ago named D, and for some reason have been really persistent with him and finally were able to meet with him and his girlfriend, and her name is C. They are so awesome and prepared and at the best time in their life for the gospel because she is pregnant and wants to raise the baby in a religious home because she wasn't raised in a religious home.
 
hna W has been sick for the past week and a half with a bad cough, and I thought I wasn't going to get it.....but yesterday morning I woke up with a sore throat and cough........nooooooooooooooo! It also came with heachaches and an achy body so I've been taking tylonel and that has been helping. I hope it doesn't last as long as hers!!!
 
I wish I could think of a funny story to tell.........but I can't at the moment. This week we have a zone conference where we get to watch a movie...not a church movie but a REAL movie! I am so excited! espero que tengan una semana buenisima y Dios les bendiga
 
Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment