?que tal?! manty'osh means "thank you" in quiche, the Guatemalans are teaching us but that basically the only thing I ever remember haha
so this week has been super fun.
Tuesday: Went to Eden Prairie for the day. I got to work with a sister that came out the same transfer I did! her name is Sister S. Her companion also went home so we just stayed in that area and had fun. The area is closing so we had to clean the apartment really good
Wednesday: went to a bunch of meeting with pres and then spent the day with Sister R, who was also training. We just tried visiting some less actives in Bloomington, but got to teach a restoration and meet a bunch of cool people from Liberia! It was awesome! She is a Karen speaking missionary, which is the language the Karen people in Myanmar speak, its super cool! When she prayed in that language it gave me chills. She is training a new missionary that is Karen, which will help the work so much! Especially since they don't have a book of Mormon or any church materials in Karen. Then we got to meet our new missionaries!
My new comp's name is Hermana P. She's from Pleasant Grove and just turned 19 not too long ago. She was in the CCM en Mexico!!!!!!!! She's this super cute awesome little missionary and we have a lot of fun together. I'm super excited to be training her, even though it feels like I just barely finished my own training. Anyways, after we met, we had to go to the car dealership to get our car looked at because it was leaking oil, but they fixed it and we were on our way
G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! Is one of our invesitgators who is SSSSSSSSSSSOOOO awesome, loves reading en el libro de Mormon y lo hace todos los dias and prays and knows everything is true and just is such a great kid!!!!!!!!!!! But he just can't get work off on sundays...........he asks his boss all the time but they are short staffed and so no one else can......it's hard because he is so prepared and just has to come to church to get baptized. Pray that he can get work off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just some "D" lingo for ya ( he doesn't speak Spanish as a first language and says things super funny)
1. !Hace Friiii!
2. siempre means always pero el dice "siempo"
He always just makes me laugh so hard, and I really hope he gets baptized while I am still here in St. Peter.
Well that's my life right now, just chilling in the cold and teaching the gospel to the Guatemalans! I would have never in a million years pictured myself doing what I'm doing here, but IT"S LO MEJOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you all!
Hermana Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment