About Me

My name is Sarah Jones and I am a Spanish speaking sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Minnesota Minneapolis Mission. This blog is where my letters will be posted. Stay tuned to hear all about my adventures in MN!

Saturday, October 5, 2013

ultima semana

Buenas tardes!!
 
I leave tomorrow.....I cant believe it! I am so excited and nervous and sad and happy all at once. Excited to teach real people, nervous to be out in the real world, sad to leave my district, and happy to finally do what I came out here to do. wooo!
 
Saying goodbyes has always been hard for me. Leaving college, saying goodbye to friends on missions, it all just makes my heart hurt. And that is still true today. Saying goodbye to my district (more like great friends) was SO HARD. My heart literally aches from all the goodbyes. I have learned so much from everyone I have met, and even though we had the most strong, random, and different personalities as possible, we made it work and were amazing when we worked hard and put our mind to things. I will miss them so much.
 
I got to go to the temple again today! The only people from my district left here are me and Elder Smith, and we are leaving tomorrow so we just hung out with another district in our zone and went to the temple with them. I lucked out to get to go 4 veces! Today I am just a trio with some other girls in my zone, and tomorrow I will be with the other hermanas going to my misión.
 
So this week we also had to say goodbye to our teachers. I love them! They are hilarious. WE always have so much fun with the language barrrier and learning random words in different languages. So our little inside joke is alarma, which means guess what, alarm. haha anyways, so when we were taking pictures with them our last day, he kept saying alarma in the FUNNIEST voice and I could not hold it together,. I was laughing so hard I was crying and I have never laughed so hard in my life. He did it like 50 times, and for some reason it was funny EVERY SINGLE TIME. Ah. I wish I could have recorded it to send to you.
 
So a latino here wants to marry me apparently. He told the elders that. Haha mexicans and gringos. He made me this cute thing. It was like a seed from a palm tree or something and he colored on it and wrote a little message like exito en su mision or something like that. So cute!
 
WE had in field orientation this week! It was great and terrible all at once. Great because we got to practice contacting and stuff like that, terrible because it was from 8 in the morning til 9 at night.......ahhhhhhhhh. But oh well, it helped get me more excited for the field.
 
So we have this thing called TALL and its where we practice our spanish on the computer. Anyways there is always a teacher who is there, and this time it was a native who speaks english, and he just randomly asked if gordito is fatty in english. which it is. but in his accent.......when he said fatty....it was too funny. We proceeded to talk about how it is a compliment here. I loved that day.
 
I will miss the food! There is always meat and beans and stuff to make you nice and full. and also you can make peanut butter and nutella sandwiches. and the juice is to die for!!!!!!!!! Its all so delicious and I am always full. I have even lost weight here....8 pounds! I should keep this meat diet up. Hopefully I get a lot of meat in the mission because I am so used to it now.
 
So whenever I tell the natives where I am serving my mission, they think I say Venezuela. EVERY TIME. Like not even kidding, at least 5 times a day without fail. They get SO excited then I say NO minnesota and then they get all confused why I am here learning spanish. Then I just give up trying to explain. Oh venezuela.
 
My teacher Hma. young said that her sister lives in MN and that there are TONS of Mexicans, so I am so exicted for that! I love Mexicans!!!!
 
So there is a guy who works here from provo and he speaks spanish and married a spanish girl and they have THE CUTEST KIDS and they are teaching them english and spanish oh my goodness. It is to die for.
 
I think I am starting to get a cold. My voice is weird and I have been coughing a lot. Oh well.
 
This week we had TRC which is when we teach members who volunteer, and there were actually pepople for once! of all the 6 weeks, we ended up teaching each other because no one showed up. We got to teach a c ute little family, a stake president, and a missionary who just arrived here to begin his CCM training! It was awesome because we were actuallyk teaching real people. I loved it and got super excited for the field.
 
My branch presidente is in Salt lake right now, no sé porque, pero I think it has something to do with conference or something. If you hear ANYTHING about a president T as a 70 or something......hes my branch pres! He has the cutest little hands ever, I love shaking it every week.
 
I tried to print my boarding pass, but the passport number was wrong or something so I might just have to get it at the airport. My bus leaves the MTC at 3 tomorrow en la madrugada...yikes....also yikes because I only slept 3 hours last night.....I might just die when I get there. Oh well. I still dont know if I can call, but like I said, dont expect it, but dont NOT expect it either. It will most likely be when I am in dallas so sometime around 8. we will see.
 
Well I will send pictures now. Gracias for all your support!!!!
 
Hermana Yones

No comments:

Post a Comment