About Me

My name is Sarah Jones and I am a Spanish speaking sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Minnesota Minneapolis Mission. This blog is where my letters will be posted. Stay tuned to hear all about my adventures in MN!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hola Familia

Hola familia
 I made it here alive woooo! Well it was kinda scary getting here because I was alone on my flight to Atlanta and alone on my flight to Mexico D.F. so the whole time I was prepared to call the emergency contact in case they forgot me haha I checked my flight numbers like 1000 times. But luckily I know a little spanish cuz no one spoke any english.
 
The city is SO MUCH like Guatemala city, I love it! It{s rainy and perfect temperature and like perfect humidity. And the hustle and bustle is a lot like cancun, there was so much traffic. Sorry my apostrphes are those braket things this keyboard is spanish and I don{t have time to figure out how it works haha idk how long we have to write so I am just typing everyhitng that comes to my head.
 
Its 8;30 here ñññññññññññ I just noticed the ñ haha Mom were you so happy to get the email from Sean? He was really nice and after we had talked for a while he just asked me if I wanted him to email you and tell you I was ok so I let him, duh. I{m glad we didn{t linger super long at the airport cuz it would have made me homesick. I saw the cutest baby girl EVER at the ATlanta airport,....oh my gosh. She was a little latina and I just want a baby that looks like her haha.
 
I was the only missionary on my flights and so I was the first through customs and stuff, and they made me push the buttron and had to go through my bags. But it wasn{t too bad, at least my clothes weren{t dirty like last time. Man the weather is sooooooooo great I don{t want to go to cold minnesota yet. Oh well. Mty compañera has the same first name as me! Without an H thoug. I havent{ met her yet, I probably will like right after this.
 
This city is so huge though! The traffic was like cancun and the drivers are so crazy. It has mountains and hills and there are lot of houses on the mountain and it is so cute. I saw tons of Pemex{s and sorianas and chedraui! and walmart. MAn I love mexico.
 
I guess I was supposed to print out my immunization record because I have to go to the clinic tomorrow.....but I don{t have it. oh well I know I have all the immunhizations, hopeuflly the believe me. Sorry my spelling is terrible but I am just trying to write as much as I can.
 
Well I{m glad my flights are over. In first class I got and omelete, sausage, potatoes, fruit, and a croisont and apple juice and then for lunch I got a sandwixh and some chips on the plane, so I didn{t have to eat out anywehere. I got my nametags! It{s crazy that I have them! Looks like tuesday is my pday so expect me to write on that day next. My schedule looks crazy and we are supposed to know our way around this place but I don{t kjnow where anything is! I have a mapa but I dont{ know if my compañera is supposed to come with me. Man I need to take a spanish typing class this keyboard is hard haha. }
 There are like 9 heramanas and 12 elders in my group. We just took a bus from the airport, but we had to wait there after immigracion for like 2 hours and my back hurts from holding my bag. oh well.
 
 The guy on the plane told me it{s a lot like minneapolis but we will see. He kept telling me that he travels everywhere and of all the states people love minnesota the best of the ones who live there. and texas. but yeah he was nice. I can{t wait to go to bed I am exhausted. everyone is still writing so I guess I can to. well actually I think I told you everything. so I am going to read my packet now but adios I will write you next tuesday and don{t worry I am fine and alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment